Wednesday, October 12, 2011

1 year Bloggerversary!!

Wow! One year since my first genealogy blog post! I currently have 7 lovely followers and for this month so far I have 119 page views. Do you know how many I had last year for October? 19. Thank you all so much!

In the past I've discovered so much thanks to geni and ancestry.com. Love those sites. (I'd love them even more if they were free but hey.) I was introduced to findagrave.com and have contributed to it. Here is a list of my most exciting genealogy moments.

-My grandma sent me a photo album full of pictures taken in Poland <3
-And finding out the location where they were taken (since the writing on the back was Polish)
-Finally finding out the owner of the civil war sword.
-My first genealogical cemetery visits.
-Learning so much more when I was on vacation.
-Finding albums and photos of relatives. Along with old old documents.
-My aunt sent me an old broach... there will be a blog post devoted to it I'm sure

And of course, finding people I'm distantly related to (gen_freak and chickgonebad on twitter). Also also... finding awesome peeps on twitter who are as crazy about this as me. Maybe even more so.

So what's in store for my blog? My mind isn't completely made up but here's a few things I'd like to include:

-My sword pictures. My uncle pointed something out for me
-The broach.
-Perhaps the Polish documents I have. For whatever reason I haven't included those yet.

That all I can think of for now.

Thank you all for visiting! Now have some cake :)

1 comment: