Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Short and sweet

Just a quick note. No time for a lengthy post. Plus I'm tired and distracted by Lord of the Rings #2. Good battle scene and all. Anyway. Last week I received a package. One of the most exciting packages ever. My Ancestry DNA kit. My nerdy joy could barely be contained. I made it from the mailbox to the car before a squeal of delight escaped. And as I drove the half mile home these screeching noises of glee kept coming out of my mouth. When I walked in the door... Happy dance ensued. Several actually. Of course I was sick last week, so I had to wait to spit for science as I've been saying on the twitter. Thought the DNA people would appreciate non contaminated saliva. So I waited until Monday to spit into the vial. I thought it would take longer. Then I doubted myself about 5 times. "is that up to the line? Doesn't include bubbles right?" But in any case, the package is in the mail again and product has been registered. As far as I know it will take 6-8 weeks, probably longer since its in beta... So hopefully by... October I will have results. That's all for now folks. "The road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began now far ahead the road has gone and I must follow if I can..."

No comments:

Post a Comment