Friday, January 28, 2011

Short and Sweet

Once again sorry for the lack of posts.

I recently started an internship and thats the last place you imagine to find a potential relative correct? Well, I don't know what any of you think but hey. I wasn't looking for a long lost cousin or anything.

In Florida the Persing name isn't very common. That I know of anyway. I have limited family down here. Anyway I was introduced to someone with the same last name. He looked at me kind of funny at first like.. why are you saying my last name. (I had to give him my name to write down). We got to talking and it turns out his father was from the Williamsport area of Pa. Quick mapquest visit. Less than an hour from where I grew up. I've even been there before. So is it possible for two people with the same last name who have ties to the northeastern quarter of the state to be related? It seems pretty possible to me especially when geni.com has me connected to 51 million people.

When we talked about relatives and such I didn't hear any familiar names... but that doesn't mean they aren't there. In many of my posts I only talk about a direct line. I don't mention siblings, other children, etc. Try and add up all the names from the siblings of someone from the 1700s. Then calculate how many descendent's of that person are alive today. Try and figure out how many were around that original location. It's crazy how many people we are potentially related to.

I don't know for sure if I'm related to this guy. But I hope he talked to his family and put the idea of genealogy into his mind. I don't know if I'll get to see him during the rest of my internship either.

Goodnight everyone. If your up north stay out of the cold. If you're down south like me, laugh at the northerners. (kidding... sort of)

No comments:

Post a Comment